Re: Why Don't 'We' Talk about XML ???

From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: Why Don't 'We' Talk about XML ???
Date: 19 May 2004 22:52:32 GMT

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Ministry Of Jute
<allthings@jute.net> transmitted:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>> Right.  readability is only mentioned as part of
>>    XML documents should be human-legible and reasonably clear.
>> and only after
>>    XML shall be compatible with SGML.
>
> Yes, but come on.  We are talking about a document that in many ways
> can replace the use of SQL databases.  An XML document is far more
> readable than a binary database file -- wouldn't you say ?

No, I wouldn't.

An XML document is exactly analagous to a PostgreSQL 'pg_dump', which
is a serialized version of a database.  The 'pg_dump' is text...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/multiplexor.html