Re: what is the current status of GPL v3

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: what is the current status of GPL v3
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:33:15 +0200 (CEST)

   What is the current status of GPL v3?

See the FSF website, they have all the details about the GPL v3.

   I read a few months ago that Linux kernel will not go GPL v3.

Linux cannot, ever, change its license without getting all copyright
holders to agree, a task which is basically impossible.

   What will happen then? Will GNU bind with another kernel? Thanks.

We already have our own kernel, and we have had it since before Linux,
it is called the Hurd.

Happy hacking.