Re: GNU/Linux Naming

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Naming
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:44:52 +0900

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:
>    I'm not sure what you mean by "for Mach", but if you mean "one
>    doesn't call it Mach" then you're mistaken.  I have often heard
>    people refer to it that way, and I can't recall ever hearing them
>    refer to it as BSD.
>
> Would be the first time I have heard it, and I have been mucking about
> with Mach for quite sometime now.

Perhaps current-day Mach users use different terminology, but in the
"old days" (late '80s, early '90s, which was when I had the most
exposure to the Mach community) people referred to their computer as
running "Mach"; the term "BSD" never came up unless they were explaining
the details of the implementation.

-Miles

--
(\(\