Re: "My dad is a pirate."

From: Linonut
Subject: Re: "My dad is a pirate."
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:19:53 -0500

* Rex Ballard peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Oh, there are lots of people who will write music or make videos, but
> these won't be promoted, advertized, played on the top radio stations,
> and distributed to all of the retail record stores.

Have you checked out the retail venues for music and videos?  Bleh.
Of course, our economy is heavily based on schlock, and it will always
be so.

> As I said, there are plenty of bands and musicians willing to share
> their "free" music, but often it's more like the local city auditions
> for American Idle, with some bands being horrible racket with no sense
> of rhythm, and singers who are totally tone deaf.

But enough about American Top 40. <grin>

> Yes, there are always those who will produce "art" for "art's sake".
> Usually, these are horrible productions based on self-centered vanity,
> and are sponsored as "events" by a tight knit clique of equally self-
> absorbed "artistes" who make up an "artistic circle-jerk".
>
> There are also lots of Church Choirs who perform public domain music
> that was written 100 or more years ago, and are performed by singers
> in their late 60's.

All I can say to that is "Vunnerful vunnderful vunnerful!"

> Yes, like the pornos of the fat girls with zits all over their faces,
> who think they are really sexy when wearing nothing but a sports bra
> and cotton panties.

Man, has /this thread/ unravelled.

--
Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient.
There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.