Re: How do Free software developers get money?

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: How do Free software developers get money?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:17:43 +0200

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
[...]
> Not sure how the Gates foundation (T20 Private Grantmaking Foundation)
> is relevant in the context of the FSF like foundation NTEE Code: Z99
> (Unknown) ["organization is seeking funds from contributions and grants.
> These funds will be used for unrestricted operating expenses and special
> projects"], but for example Eben Moglen has made a pretty penny ($155K)
> in compensation for a part time job at his own charity SFLC between
> 2/01/05-01/31/06. No more recent FORM 990 available yet.

Update: (period 2/01/06-01/31/2007)

At SFLC, Eben has compensated himself with $282K in the second year
which is quite a growth from previous $155K.

Not bad.

http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NPO.Form990&EIN=412165986

I just wonder whether Free software developers got the same salary
raise. Hey GNUtian dak, how about you?

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)