Re: Harrassment on this list

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Harrassment on this list
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 02:46:19 +0100

Le dimanche 23 février 2020, 20:18:59 CET Andreas Enge a écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 09:11:46PM +0200, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> > For what it's worth, I believe you have failed to be kind in several
> > occasions; from a quick sample of three of your messages I found one
> > which was dubious and one definitely less than kind ("bickering"
>
> Indeed I give you this, not kind. You will also find a few instances of
> sarcasm here and there.
>
> > "you are simply wrong"
>
> Whereas pointing out factual errors is not a question of kindness,
> I would say.

Given the state of the discussion, I am to believe each time a party
demonstrates unkindess, this very same party is deeply convinced to only
state bare facts.

So two things: bare facts can be subjective (maybe you’re wrong), and bare
facts can be worded unkindly, or unprecautionously.

For instance, someone could feel hatred… and that would be a fact, and not
even a willing decision (we don’t usually “choose” to feel a certain
emotion)!  Yet expressing it directly, without filter, it has already been
said, is unkind.

Emotions are natural, and all or them are useful…  at least likely for
treating with physical aggressions, in the example of anger and hatred…
but are they useful on a written and cooperative communication medium such
as a mailing-list? I’m doubt of that…