Re: incorrect headers with ly2dvi (1.4.1)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: incorrect headers with ly2dvi (1.4.1)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:25:33 +0200

> Hello,
>
> now that my final exams are finished I have again time to
> do music and so I played a little with the recent version
> of lilypond (debian package: 1.4.1).
>
> I realisedd that after removing all ; from the files the headers
> are lacking the metre= field when invoking lydvi from within emacs.

I recommend to use convert-ly to update your old .ly files to
match the current Lilypond version.

Try `meter' instead of `metre'.

> Also the header is a little bit too close to the first line of text so
> I tried to insert a line latexoptions="headsep=10mm" but nothing
> changed. Is there something broken in ly2dvi or is it my fault because
> some formats have changed since version approx: 1.3.130?

headsep is something completely different, it specifies the
vertical separation between the page number (the only thing in
the page header by default) and the main part of the page.
I'm not sure what you mean by "line of text", do you mean the
separation between the titling and the actual music or ...?

> Melodie = \notes \context Thread=one {
>       \stemUp \tieUp
>       c''4 g'8 e' ~ e'2 ~ |
>       e' \times 2/3 { c''4 d'' c'' } |
>       h'4 gis'8 e' ~ e'2 ~ |
>       e'1 \break

I find that Lilypond's default line breaking algorithm works
fairly well in most cases. Have you tried without these \break
statements with a recent version of Lilypond?

     /Mats