Re: incorrect headers with ly2dvi (1.4.1)

From: Olaf Stetzer
Subject: Re: incorrect headers with ly2dvi (1.4.1)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:11:10 +0200

Thanks, this worked! The online manual at www.lilypond.org
still mentions metre=... Should this be corrected?

> > Also the header is a little bit too close to the first line of text so
> > I tried to insert a line latexoptions="headsep=10mm" but nothing
> > changed. Is there something broken in ly2dvi or is it my fault because
> > some formats have changed since version approx: 1.3.130?
>
> headsep is something completely different, it specifies the
> vertical separation between the page number (the only thing in
> the page header by default) and the main part of the page.
> I'm not sure what you mean by "line of text", do you mean the
> separation between the titling and the actual music or ...?

Uhmm, yes. I actually wanted to say "line of music" here... Is there
an option to manipulate this?

> I find that Lilypond's default line breaking algorithm works
> fairly well in most cases. Have you tried without these \break
> statements with a recent version of Lilypond?

The main reason I do this is because I want to have always 4 bars per line.
This is the best representation for jazz music since it is built from
12- or 16-bar choruses in most cases.

Olaf