\bar and measurePosition

From: Mark Hindley
Subject: \bar and measurePosition
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:52:33 +0100 (BST)

I have just spent a frustrating day trying to typeset some choral
music with and irregular/no time signature.

I have set barNonAuto to #f and manually inserted the bars with \bar
requests.

That is fine, but the underlying 4/4 timesignature still seems to
persist in that the local key engraver does not set the accidentals
correctly within the bars I have specified, but rather with respect to
the (implied) underlying time signature: i.e. they are often repeated
when no necessary.

The only way round I could find was to specify timing #f and reset
measurePosition to 0 at each \bar.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Surely when you do a manual \bar
the measurePosition ought to be set to 0?

Glad to hear anybody's wisdom on this.

Mark