Re: lily 1.4.3

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: lily 1.4.3
Date: 18 Jun 2001 11:01:46 +0200

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Just telling what you've done and what happens is a good way
> to get more help. I think it's better to ask for help than to
> spend hours or days of own experimentation.

Yes, I agree.  That is, under the condition that you tell exactly what
you've done, and exactly what the result (output) was.  I've seen a
*lot* worse that Williams' report.

> What would really help in this situation is to have a script
> that tests all the different programs in the installation
> one by one (basic cygwin, Python, LaTex, ...).

Yes.  There's list of commands near the bottom of

    http://lilypond.org/wiki/?TroubleshootingWindows

and there also is `your' latex sample2e test.  We could paste them
into a script that starts with set -e.  Would that help?

Jan.