Re: (no subject)

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:12:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

> There are some spelling errors in the docs easily correctible with
> search.
> Don't feel bad, many for whom English is the mother tongue have
> problems with this mess.  :-)

I don't know how welcome was this mail. But I found it very
interesting.

Perhaps I could append still 2 other language questions
(Excuse, I know that's outside the mailing list's topic! But it
has to to with creation of documentation for music related
software):

Is it:
        "The software runs/works only on Linux."
or:
        "The software runs/works only under Linux."
?

I found both in Internet.

Somebody told me that: "I'm afraid, it won't work.", is a synonyme
for "I'm sure, it won't work.". That's surpising for a German
because I'd guess it means "I'm in doubt whether it will work." ?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)