Possible bug: Codae, bar lines. Apology: Jazz Chords

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Possible bug: Codae, bar lines. Apology: Jazz Chords
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 14:28:41 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> However, it does not seem possible with the \mark command to put two marks on
> what effectively is one barline, one before and one after the linebreak. I've
> been using the syntax:

noted.

For now, I'd insert a sneakily empty measure (ie. s1*1/1 )

> <TONES>
> \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'visibility-lambda =
> #begin-of-line-invisible { \mark #'(music "scripts-segno") }
> \bar "||" \break

over here

> BTW (this is definitely not a must), could we have ยง-style segnos and square
> coda signs too? For one more level of repetition (I'm a lazy writer)?

actually, I'd even like it better if we had

          \repeat "coda" 2 { <stuff> }

but I'm not sure if that's feasible (i.e. with correct playing when
you'd use "unfold" everywhere) with the more complex
pop-arrangements.

> But one more really annoying thing concerning bar lines: Could it be made
> possible that the syntax:
>
> <TONES> \bar "||" \break
> \repeat "volta" 2 { <TONES> }
>
> yields:
>
> musicmusicmusic||
> |:musicmusicmusic:|

Check out default-break-barline in basic-properties.scm. It should
work if you add an entry

and specify this barline manually (i.e.

  \property Score.whichBar = #"|||:"
  \property Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "1."))

I've registered your request in my mind, and on the wiki, so I'll have
a look some time.