Re: difficulties with 1.4.5/cygwin

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: difficulties with 1.4.5/cygwin
Date: 28 Jul 2001 23:11:20 +0200

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> I noticed one severe problem, though, for examples that
> use the Computer Modern font with other sizes or shapes than
> cmr10.
>
> I don't know if there's any better way unless we can find a way to
> ask MiKTeX to generate tfm files on the fly.

I've said it before, an experimental tetex distribution is already
being bundeled with cygwin, including mktextfm, etc.  Last time I
tried it (somewhere last March), mktexftm ran, but didn't succeed.
The tetex distribution had quite some problems, but I hope someone
will look those some time.  Maybe using this tetex could already
improve things.

Similarly, python is included, but it has some severe problems (it
uses windows style paths, for example).

Jan.