Re: Problems getting 0.4.99 to run under win32

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: Problems getting 0.4.99 to run under win32
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:32:54 -0700 (MST)

address@hidden said:
> Hi, this is how I went about installing the pre-release on my XP home
> laptop
>
> Installed Python 2.2 ok
> Installed mxDateTime ok
> Installed wxPython ok (got the "demo.py" working)
> Installed GNUe Common 0.4.3.99 ok
> Installed GNUe Forms 0.4.99 ok
> Renamed c:\Python22\etc\sample.gnue.conf to gnue.conf
>
> Typed python c:\python22\scripts\gnue-forms --help
>
> and got the expected message. However, when I typed
>
> python c:\python22\scripts\gnue-forms c:\gforms\samples\contact.gfd

> I got the error message "Error: Unable to load any valid UI drivers.
> Aborting."
>
> Am I missing some piece of software or do I need to specify somewhere
> that I want to display forms with wxpython?

Btami would be best to answer these.  I dont think 0.4.99 was ever tested
on windows.  I would say your best bet is to fall back to 0.4.3 or beg
btami to bundle up cvs nightlies for you for windows.  I say this because
there is new NATIVE win32 support coming in 0.5.0 and it needs testing.

> P.S. As soon as I can get it working, I'll connect to mySQL via mySQL-
> python. Couldn't even begin to get postgreSQL working on win32.

If you are using MySQL just because you cant get postgres working, it
would really help us if you wanted to test SAP-DB on windows.  I believe
it has a very straight forward windows install and decent tools to
graphically manage it.  The database is much more robust.  Also, we have
SAP-DB employees willing to help out with driver issues if we encounter
problems.

-Derek