Re: Problems getting 0.4.99 to run under win32

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Problems getting 0.4.99 to run under win32
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:28:42 +0100

Hi all, and thanks for the feedback. Sorry for replying late, been off
the net.

-- Yes, I'm willing to try SAP-DB on Win32
-- Yes, I'll test 0.5.0 on Win32 if you wish

Just point me in the right direction, i.e. version of SAP-DB you want
me to test with, python DB drivers, CVS nightlies of Common/Forms you'd
like me to try, odds & ends I might need besides what I have etc, and
I'll be on my merry way.

I've pretty much decided that GNUe-sb 2-tier makes a good starting
point for the Milan project, so that's what I'll be focusing on. The
reason I'm so fastidious with Win32 is because I doubt the companies
that'll try the service will put up with anything else.

Win32 comes, well... "free", at least in their opinion, with their
PC's. Asking them to install Linux as a desktop OS would be like
asking "er, sir, could you please disassemble your photocopier so that
we may install this gizmo that will give you these extra features..."

Of course, since they'll never see the backend anyway (nudge nudge),
Linux makes a great server OS.

Best,

Luca