Re: [GNUe] GNUe Samples/Baseline Target

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: Re: [GNUe] GNUe Samples/Baseline Target
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 04:12:08 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: James Thompson <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:37:07 -0600
To: address@hidden

> Sorry for the late replies today.  Real work and all that :)

Oh, I do know that one for sure ;)

> The sad thing is that for 2 tier apps it really is.  We just need to do a
> better job of showing that.
>
> If people are willing to give me feedback and ideas on the documentation I'm
> willing to put some time into getting these docs up to where people can find
> them useful.
>
> Take Care,
> James

I just want to say "great!" to all of it. I did do some huge cutting in this
mail, but I support it all.
I will definietly take a shot at your material as soon as my environment are up
& running, my last exit is to get it going
on the Windows machine but oh that will surely hurt my old penguin heart.. ;)

I think a good advice is to start with the "keep it simple" slogan. It looks
like we are a bunch of "wannabees" in this list after all, and if we can get
the basics, then we might be able to help when it's time to get to the next
chapter? And if GNUe is best suited todo 2-tier solutions today, then keep it
there for starters,
even if I definietly want to examine that AppServer.. (is it better then JBoss
:P )

Anyway, I'm confusing myself here (too late, too much Java in my head), just
want to say again that it's real nice to see all this activity today!
Let's all keep it up!

Regards
Stean