Re: [GNUe] supported databases/drivers

From: Christopher Lewis
Subject: Re: [GNUe] supported databases/drivers
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:49:18 -0600

On Friday 19 March 2004 12:08 am, Stefan Elwesthal wrote:
> Now I'm answering myself :)
>
> Just to mention, I just tried to install psycopg myself, but configure
> failed with the following message:
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -pthread -E
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for inline... inline
> checking PostgreSQL version... configure: error: missing PostgreSQL headers
>
> I don't know exactly what that means, since I have every available postgres
> package installed (I thought it was the ordinary missing -devel package but
> that was not the case).
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>
> P.S Now I've actually given up, see you when I've exchanged my two SuSE
> machines :)

I had the same problem.  You need to use the flag
--with-postgres-includes={path_to_pgsql_headers}

I also had to use this flag:
--with-mxdatetime-includes={path_to_mxdatetime_headers}

On Mandrake 9.2, it put the postgresql headers in /usr/include/pgsql/.  The
mxdatetime header was in
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/
Your's should be somewhere around there, right?
--
Christopher Lewis
address@hidden