[GNUe] State of financials.

From: Kevin Handy
Subject: [GNUe] State of financials.
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:21:49 -0700

I'm just wondering what the state of the financial packages are,
and is gnue at a state where developing accounting packages
using it is possible, or is it changing too much to bother with
at the moment.

Is there a mailing list for the financial part?

Is there any financial package (or other example) available for
download, as an example for developing/using the gnue
infrastructure? GLwould be great. Just something so I can see
what it looks like, and what it is like to use.

I'm at a point where I would like to have a useful accounting
package for Linux, and am wondering what the state of this
is right now. From what I can see on the web site, nothing
seems to be happening on this front since 2001, and there is
nothing to download.

I have created a VMS based accounting system, but would
like to have something based on Linux. It includes such
things as AssetDep, AccRec, AccPay, GenLed, Payroll,
Inventory, JobCost, BillOfMat, OrderEntry, PointOfSale, etc.
It is currently being used by several customers.