Re: [GNUe] State of financials.

From: Kevin Handy
Subject: Re: [GNUe] State of financials.
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:30:05 -0700

Reinhard Mueller wrote:

Am Freitag, den 11.03.2005, 11:21 -0700 schrieb Kevin Handy:
I'm just wondering what the state of the financial packages are,
and is gnue at a state where developing accounting packages
using it is possible, or is it changing too much to bother with
at the moment.

I've started to work on a small and simple financials package about half
a year ago, but have turned back to improving the tools packages (forms,
reports, appserver) again for various reasons.

Meanwhile, the state of the project is clearly advanced enough to
continue with that.

Most of our communication happens on IRC, so if you can join us on
irc.freenode.net #gnuenterprise, we could talk more in detail.
Ok. I'm going to grab all the gnue stuff and install it on a Linux box
and play with it this weekend. I need some time for some "learning"
so I don't come out sounding like a complete idiot with any questions
I come up with, so don't expect me on irc for a while.

I'm also going to take the "Accounting Package" documentation
and  massage it so that it looks more like what I would like to see.
(Merging in from two accounting packages I maintain,
changes for things I don't like, things I want to add, etc.)
This will give me something to work with/towards, if nothing else.

Some of what's in the original document I have never had to do,
and some of it is very incomplete, but I'll leave most of the fields I
myself don't need there. If nothing else, my version of this document
might be useful for whoever follows.
Hope that an OpenOffice document will be acceptable if I get
it into a reasonable shape.