Re: [gnugo-devel] Three stone games

From: Morten Gulbrandsen
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Three stone games
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 09:54:22 +0200

Great stuff,  Perl,  python, maple,

that kind of stuff is what I prefer to use.

twogmp.tar.gz  is only a tarfile.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html

I can only find twogmp.  no twogtp.

But I do certainly know how to use Perl.

address@hidden:~$ ls -l  twogmp.tar.gz # this is what I download
-rw-r--r--    1 morten   morten      40960 Mar 31 20:14 twogmp.tar.gz

address@hidden:~$ file  twogmp.tar.gz  # it is not a tarball.
                                      # tar -xzvf twogmp.tar.gz woun't do
twogmp.tar.gz: GNU tar archive

twogmp by J.-L. Martineau is a GPL'd program which allows you to play
two Go Modem Protocol programs against each other.

that is all I can find.

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gtp/

I found

twogtp is a perl script for playing two engines against each other. This
is distributed with GNU Go 3.0.0 and uses version 1 of the protocol.
Licensed under the GNU GPL.
    Written by Teun Burgers and Daniel Bump.

Perhaps it could be available on the www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/
homepage.

I'll try that, seems to be superior to twogmp.c  ,

But what about enabling arbitrary handicap stones ?
I can prepare a sgf file with 64 black handicap stones and 64 white
passes.
Then I'd like to initialize gnugo with that, let gnugo play black,
and just try to investigate what white can do.

Yours Sincerely

Morten Gulbrandsen