Re: [gnugo-devel] experimental_reading_1_33.1

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] experimental_reading_1_33.1
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:21:01 +0200

Dan wrote:
> This patch makes sure the experimental reading code is not
> compiled if EXPERIMENTAL_READING is 0. The files
> patterns/read_attack.c and patterns/read_defend.c are
> still built, and there is no difference in the engine
> you get if you configure with experimental reading enabled.

I'm not entirely sure, but I had the impression that the pattern based
reading code and the tree based pattern matching code could be used
independently. The problem was only with the latter, but on the other
hand I think neither is ready for prime time, so excluding both of
them from 3.2 is no big loss.

/Gunnar