Re: [gnugo-devel] Revised tarball

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Revised tarball
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:48:17 -0700

> cygwin did report one warning (I don't often build on cygwin, and have
> never looked for warnings before).  I wouldn't hold off the release for this:
>
> display.c: In function `gg_vwprintw':
> display.c:64: warning: passing arg 2 of `vwprintw' discards qualifiers from
> poin
> ter target type

This is a known warning. We get this on Linux too. There was once a far more
obnoxious warning than this once, but Teun replaced it by this fairly innocuous
one.

Builds with current Red Hat Linux give some other warnings that (mostly) don't
seem to be our fault, and also not serious. Here are the warnings I get:

extract_fuseki.c:234: warning: implicit declaration of function `strdup'
extract_fuseki.c:234: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast

[debugboard]
main.c: In function `main_loop':
main.c:157: warning: implicit declaration of function `usleep'

display.c: In function `gg_vwprintw':
display.c:64: warning: passing arg 2 of `vwprintw' discards qualifiers from
pointer target type

play_ascii.c:563: warning: implicit declaration of function `setlinebuf'

play_gtp.c:245: warning: implicit declaration of function `setlinebuf'

Except the second extract_fuseki warning the other warnings seem to be problems
with the configure produced by autoconf 2.52 but harmless. For example The
functions setlinebuf and usleep are defined in included files stdio.h and
string.h only if __USE_BSD is defined. This is not defined yet HAVE_USLEEP and
HAVE_SETLINEBUF are set in the config.h.

Dan