Re: [gnugo-devel] A GNUGO program with Windows GUI

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] A GNUGO program with Windows GUI
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:09:36 -0700

>   I'm a Chinese programer and I'm interest in Go game.
>   I have downloaded the source code of the GNUGO, and I
>  encapsulated the GNUGO engin
> into an independent DLL(window format), and a windows9x/2k/Xp
>  based GO GUI provided also.
>   Currently 0.1 beta is finished(the Go Engin is GNUGo3.0), they
>  are in the Tar-ZIP package
> file attached with this mail. You must unzip them into an
>  directory before run the EXE file.
>
>   I hope you can give me some advise to lead me through the
>  development of this program.
> I think the GNU GO is a powerful GO engin, but most of the people
>  are using computers based
> on windows OS instead of UNIX/LINUX, which prevent them to play
>  GNU GO. So, I think a GUI
> interface is needed.
>   This version is just a BETA version, and many bugs exist, I
>  will clear them as fast as I
> can when I find them, many functions are waiting to be finished
>  also.
>
>   I name my program to Happy Go(this may change), whether I must
>  name it to GNU GO for windows?

Your program is welcome.

GNU Go 3.2 is stronger than GNU Go 3.0.

It is also possible to play GNU Go with the Java client Jago
which gives a GUI.

Since your program is based on GNU Go it is polite to tell
the user know that. You can call it Happy Go.

Important: the GNU Go license (GPL) requires that you if you
distribute your program based on GNU Go then you MUST also
distribute the source code. See the file COPYING for the
GNU Go license. More information can be found at:

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl-faq.html

Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about this.

Daniel Bump