Re: [gnugo-devel] a patch from a newbie :)

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] a patch from a newbie :)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:42:35 +0200

Dan wrote:

> I also think that WIN should be the same code for the owl code as
> for the reading code so if nothing is broke it doesn't matter
> if there are some codes that are never realized by the reading code.

After reviewing a bit more the source, I now tend to agree with that.

> Apart from the fact that I think this change is not what we want,

Ok. Any suggestions about what we do want ?

> it is also a potential big complication in implementing Nando's
> patch.

Yes. Still... would it help if the moves found by this mechanism
would be reported as tactical moves instead of OWL attack/defend
moves ? I guess their valuation wouldn't be a problem any longer.
Thoughts ?

/nando