Re: [gnugo-devel] Using GNU Go as annotator

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Using GNU Go as annotator
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:16:30 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

>     Not exactly :( What I want is to be able to enter moves for both
> sides without having to give 'back' commands, that is, telling GNU Go
> that both sides are humans and that it must not play, just get the
> moves and generate the board, the worms info, the dragons info, maybe
> perform analysis of given moves, scoring them (this is asking for
> much, I think ;)).

With GoGui by Markus Enzensberger you can do pretty much all you want (it
is still in beta stage as far as I know). You get a nice graphical go
board, and via a "gtp shell" you can enter a lot of gtp commands
(dragon_data, top_moves, etc.) that should be able to give you the
information you want.
(Even more than you ask for, I think :-) )

There is (again as far as I know) no released version of GoGui yet, so
you would need CVS access and java development tools (compiler+libraries)
to get it running.