Re: [gnugo-devel] two stone games

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] two stone games
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 01:49:09 +0000

Dan wrote:
> > > Here are the results of 75 two stone games against 3.2 at
> > > level 10. Unfortunately, neither the times nor the win rates
> > > are impressive.
> >
> > what was the komi for the match?
> >
> > Paul
>
> As usual in handicap games, 0.5. I just gave twogtp.pike the
> option --handicap=2.

then it might not be impressive, but at least very consistent with
older twogtp matches.  recent versions used to be about 1.2 - 1.4
stones stronger than 3.2.  that is, they would win over half of
games with `--handicap 2 --komi 5.5' but less than half with
`--handicap 2 --komi 0.5'.

the bad thing is that break-in code indeed seems to be quite useless
in at least games against 3.2.

Paul