Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo (cheat on KGS)

From: Tom Schumm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo (cheat on KGS)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:22:44 -0400

On Thursday 10 June 2004 02:27 am, Johanna Tuominen wrote:
> marked. There is a possibility to cheat by asking undo. It's hard to

I agree that this must be a bug in the KGS gtp client - it's not supposed to
allow this under Japanese rules.  Switching to one of the other rule-sets
that use area scoring would defeat this method of cheating.  The KGSgtp docs
recommend not using Japanese scoring anyway.

I've written a little proxy program in python that sits between the KGS client
and gnugo for my bot that may be helpful for diagnosing problems like this.
The KGSgtp client used to have a bug where handicap games sometimes couldn't
be resumed if the bot was black and I used my proxy to implement a workaround
until it was fixed.  It needs to be cleaned up a bit, but I think others
could make use of it, so I'll make a public release sometime tonight or this
weekend.

--
Tom Schumm
http://www.phong.org/