[gnugo-devel] small plays at the end of the game

From: David G Doshay
Subject: [gnugo-devel] small plays at the end of the game
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:17:22 -0800

Why is it that GNU Go has move evaluations of 0.0 for all possible moves at the end of the game, but it has a specific best move? This quirk resulted in SlugGo making end game errors because I had not expected that GNU Go would do that.

We have already fixed our code to avoid this mistake, but would like to know. In reality, we surely eliminated a class of mistakes right at the end game dame, but I am concerned about all of SlugGo's moves within our lookahead horizon of this end game situation.

Cheers,
David