Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: [computer-go] 12th KGS online computer Go tournam

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: [computer-go] 12th KGS online computer Go tournament
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:57:32 -0800

On 1, Mar 2006, at 6:46 AM, alain Baeckeroot wrote:

Do you also enter SlugGo in open division ? I think you have enough CPU power
to do this :)

I would appreciate that my twinbot (a patched gnugo) can be compared with SlugGo and maybe an other GNU GO in a tournament, and this seems possible
only in open division.

Regards
Alain

While my clusters are big enough, at this time there are some physics
calculations taking place on all the nodes I am not using for just one
SlugGo. I am having great fun and learning a great deal with SlugGo,
but a PhD student needs the other result to finish, so I give him priority
right now.

So, at this time I will only enter SlugGo in one division. In the near future
we should set up a private match of some number of games.

At this time I have not heard from the GNU Go list if I have their permission
to enter SlugGo, although in a chat session on kgs with Gunnar he said
that he sent a reply to this list and his answer is "fine with me."

I would like at least one more comment before I officially register with
Nick ... but if I hear nothing I will assume that one yes and not any no
votes means yes.

Cheers,
David