Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: [computer-go] 12th KGS online computer Go tournam

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: [computer-go] 12th KGS online computer Go tournament
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:54:07 -0800

Hello Arend,

It surely is our plan to release the code. While I understand your
comment that need to cleanup the code should not be an excuse,
in my own defense I will ask: have you recently looked at student
written code? Some of it is unbelievably poor. It runs, but is hard
to follow and executes very slowly. I have done one pass on the
code cleanup and I will work with more focus on putting out a
cleaner code ... we have been working on Super Ko violations
lately.

I would like to offer in the mean time a copy of the paper from the
3rd ICOB. It does describe in detail exactly what SlugGo does,
although it contains no source code. It is a MS Word doc right
now ... how would you suggest I make that available? If I
remember correctly, the email server does not like attachments
that large.

Cheers,
David