Re: [gnugo-devel] Patches for 3.8

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Patches for 3.8
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:51:45 +0100

Daniel Bump wrote:
>> The following patch allows me to compile on OSX. This is not a correct
>> fix, since patterns/Makefile.in is an autogenerated file (by automake).
>
> The following patch seems to be OK. At least after this
> I can build on both OS/X and Ubuntu.
>
> http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/gnugo/patches/gnugo-3.8/osx_build_8.1

It looks a bit weird to both have engine/globals.c as a source file
and link with libengine.a which contains globals.c. On the other hand
the solution used with extract_fuseki_LDADD, where libengine.a is
listed twice, isn't all that nice either. Is there anyone on the list
who is expert enough to say what's the best way to handle link order
resolution or how to structure the code to avoid these complications?

> I tried to make a trac ticket for this. After I log into
> the trac server I think there should be an item "New Ticket"
> on the toolbar but it isn't there. Gunnar?

The permissions were wrong. Try again now.

/Gunnar