Re: [gnugo-devel] Patches for 3.8

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Patches for 3.8
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:20:45 +0100

Daniel Bump wrote:
> Ben Lambrechts wrote:
>
>> Just delete these files
>> They aren't necesary since Gnu GO supports the CMake build suistem.
>
> As I understand it, CMake produces .dsp files. Since 3.8 will
> be a stable release might it not be helpful to distribute these?
> I would not propose this for 3.9.x.

If we are able to produce working VC project files it's fine with me
to distribute them.

> If this is a bad idea (or if Gunnar is opposed) we can just
> remove them.

The point of providing CMake build files rather than VC project files
is that we should have a better chance of maintaining the former,
since those can also generate Unix makefiles (and kdevelop project
files, in case that makes somebody happy), which we can easily test.

But in the end, whatever works is good.

/Gunnar