[gnugo-devel] Quarry

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Quarry
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 04:46:36 -0800

According to the quarry homepage and the last
messages in the quarry development list, Paul does
not intend to develop quarry further.

But quarry is rather good. It is too bad if it
is an orphan. It builds fine if you have the
gtk2 libraries installed (and some other
stuff). Should we distribute it with GNU Go?

This would require Paul to assign the copyright to
the FSF. If he changes his mind he would be
the maintainer, but perhaps with more support
then he had before. Otherwise, it would be
an additional responsibility for us.

It would not be part of the GNU Go engine,
and I suppose it would not be in the GNU
Go tarball. But it could be in the GNU Go
directory at ftp.gnu.org.

Dan