Re: [gnugo-devel] Quarry

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Quarry
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:49:41 +0200

Daniel Bump wrote:
> According to the quarry homepage and the last
> messages in the quarry development list, Paul does
> not intend to develop quarry further.

That's true, I don't think I will regain intereset in the project.
For post-0.2 I planned to migrate to C++ for engine and Python for
GUI, but never released changes I made.  Might share if anyone is
really interested.  However, that is a huge refactoring and will only
help if anyone is really interested in finishing it.

> But quarry is rather good. It is too bad if it
> is an orphan. It builds fine if you have the
> gtk2 libraries installed (and some other
> stuff). Should we distribute it with GNU Go?
>
> This would require Paul to assign the copyright to
> the FSF.

I don't mind though will it be really maintained?  Is anyone willing
to actually take it?

Paul