[gnugo-devel] I would like to help.

From: Mark Andrew Gerads
Subject: [gnugo-devel] I would like to help.
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:08:33 -0600

I would like to help with GNUGo, but have little Idea where to start. I
would like a bit of guidance if possible

I also have an idea that every forceful move with only one response the
opponent can make should be considered already made in a sente tree or
such, this might make mistakes such as move 270 in this file.

the project that sounds easiest is the below, so I will try that. I will
also try add a mirroring factor which will multiply the value of each
move by a variable, by default this will be disabled and ignored. my
theory is that against higher level players, mirroring moves is better
unless they are bad moves.
* The dragon data is split into two arrays, dragon[] and dragon2[].
   The dragon2 array only have one entry per dragon, in contrast to
   the dragon array where all the data is stored once for every
   intersection of the board.  Complete the conversion of eye_data,
   half_eye_data, worm and dragon to use the same structure as the
   dragon2 array.

Fri Jan 22 12:48:53 CST 2010 'If you cannot be civilized, act
civilized!' Mark Andrew Raphael Seaton Gerads