[gnugo-devel] Q. re Linux compatibility

From: Marty Feldman
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Q. re Linux compatibility
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:08:23 -0500

I would like to find out if Gnugo will install directly, without complications, on my computer. I am an advanced beginner at Go but even more of a beginner when it comes to computer tech. I have a desktop computer, running Linux Mint v. 17 ('Rosa', 64 bit) and Firefox v. 43. Both are the current versions. I would like to not have to get involved with emulators, compilers, special installers, binaries, and so on, and would need installation directions that are expressed in simple, non-jargon-y steps. I do realize that this may be a rather naive request, but I would appreciate learning if what I want is possible, and would be grateful for your reply.
Thanks,
-Marty, in Owl's Head, Maine-