Re: [gnugo-devel] Q. re Linux compatibility

From: Marty Feldman
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Q. re Linux compatibility
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 15:58:50 -0500

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Marty Feldman <address@hidden> wrote:
I would like to find out if Gnugo will install directly, without complications, on my computer.   I am an advanced beginner at Go but even more of a beginner when it comes to computer tech.  I have a desktop computer, running Linux Mint v. 17  ('Rosa', 64 bit) and Firefox v. 43.  Both are the current versions.  I would like to not have to get involved with emulators, compilers, special installers, binaries, and so on, and would need installation directions that are expressed in simple, non-jargon-y steps.  I do realize that this may be a rather naive request, but I would appreciate learning if what I want is possible, and would be grateful for your reply.
Thanks,
                                                         -Marty, in Owl's Head, Maine-