Re: Translations was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed

From: Jerzy Luszawski
Subject: Re: Translations was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 02:06:21 +0100

Monday 26 October 2009 17:22:04 Jim Busser napisaƂ(a):
> On 2009-10-26, at 1:04 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> >> How are we maintaining sync between .po files in CVS and .po files at
> >> Launchpad?
> >
> > We aren't currently. Using launchpad for that would indeed be
> > worthwhile for that, however. It'd be great if someone could
> > investigate what the suggested procedure for keeping in sync
> > actually is.
(...)
> There may be slicker options, Launchpad indicates it works with Bazaar
> to host, mirror and catalogue to branches of your project's code. It
> can even import git, Subversion and CVS repositories into Bazaar
> branches:
>       https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/YourProject/Exports
Why don't we move the CVS to Bazaar at Launchpad? Because of different
licensing imposed by Launchpad?
What is currently Launchpad used for, what cannot be done in Savannah? If it
is only the translation support, which is rather problematic - why not
abandon it?

The purpose of the above questions is to re-evaluate the possibility to find
one hosting platform, which could meet all our needs. Maybe we should
consider SourceForge.net - it has both CVS, Bazaar and Git available, plus
many other features.

> PROBLEMS?
>
> I am not sure why there are differences in the listings at
>       https://translations.launchpad.net/gnumed/trunk/+translations
>       https://translations.launchpad.net/gnumed/trunk/+pots/gnumed
I don't know where the differences come from, but I can tell that Kashubian
and Silesian "languages" are dialects spoken in Poland, and they should not
be considered as translation targets. It must have been a joke to create the
corresponding .po files. Can someone remove them?

Jerzy Luszawski