Re: Upgrade inbox messages (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Upgrade inbox messages (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] No tabs at the bottom)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:42:52 +0100

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 01:05:19AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> Footnote: do I not also recall that users who would
> install an upgrade might have to be careful to copy their
> /conf file before upgrading on account if it being
> *expected* to be ooverwritten, or is that no longer a
> consequence of updating?

I don't remember any such needed precaution. Can you dig up
the source ? Maybe there's some misunderstanding at the base
of this ?

Most certainly I don't appreciate any current need for this
while upgrading with a .deb or locally installing a tarball.
AFAICT users are safe from this worry. If not I'd like to
know about it since that'd go against one of the principles
of the GNUmed design:

        Never change user configuration data w/o asking.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net