Re: [Gnumed-devel] latex and gnumed

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] latex and gnumed
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:18:55 +0100

On Thursday, January 19, 2012 02:13:19 PM Vaibhav Banait wrote:

> is this what you were looking for

> monkeytex.bradcater.webfactional.com/

I have to say maybe. uploading to a server (manually) and compiling on that server is only half of the effort.

What you want is

1) a central server having Latex installed

2) that server listening for incoming requests

3) that server returning the compiled pdf

Unfortunately I cannot see the source code for monkeytex but

http://clsi.scribtex.com/

is one way of doing it.

Unfortunately I could not find any easy to install version of it. So while this is technically no problem for experienced people a casual user will not manage to set this up unless there is an easy to install/configure package.

Time permitting I will look into this.

Sebastian