Re: [Gnumed-devel] latex on a server

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] latex on a server
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:13:48 +0100

Self. replying to bring this up again.

wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am sure, you must have considered this. Lyx can be run as a server.
> > Can
> > we use lyx rather than pure latex for write document. This will avoid
> > multiple latex installations.a. Vaibhav
>
> http://code.google.com/p/common-latex-service-interface/
>
> http://clsi.scribtex.com/

The above mentioned Common LaTeX Service Interface provides exactly
what you are looking for.

It provides a way to send of latex snippets for compilation on another
server.

This essentially means you do not need to install latex on all client
machines but just one (which usually is the server).

The pdf file is generated on the server and returned to the client.

Regards,
Sebastian