Re: [Gnumed-devel] Estimated age

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Estimated age
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:41:01 +0000

On 2012-01-20, at 12:26 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Maybe we just add a .dob_is_estimated field next to the .dob field.

Which is maybe a simpler solution than what I came up with - see screenshot for possible appearance.

What would be the data type of this value? Would it be a *date* wherein the user would, in the case of "estimated 80 years" enter

        Jan 1, 2002

        or would they enter Jan 20, 1932 (i.e relative to current date)

        or would they enter only 1932 (which is not a date at all)

Also, should such a value be represented on the screen (to make clear that the actual dob is not known with certainty) by use of a tilde ~

??

-- JIm