Re: [Gnumed-devel] Display of right-arrow next to Date of Birth in clien

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Display of right-arrow next to Date of Birth in client
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 22:14:14 +0000

1. I find the distraction of arrows which signal "are we before, or after, the
birthdate" to outweigh their informational value.

        --> Can it be made possible to "turn them off"?

2. My birthday reminder appears not to work.

        … When I activate a patient with a birthday within the interval, I
cannot discern any special warning. I only see next to the date of birth (and
between the parentheses giving the age) an exclamation mark.

        --> what am I supposed to be expecting, and what can I troubleshoot?

3. I hesitate to focus too much on the social aspect of the birthday but if it
is important to the patient relationship then maybe the praxis needs a visual
reminder that persists even after the record has been brought into focus. A
delay of several minutes could elapse between activating a patient's record,
and the patient's physical entrance into the exam room, and the clinician's
first opportunity to speak with the patient after taking care of some competing
business. Even some patient concern, or appearance of being unwell, could
capture the clinician's attention and cause them to forget about that birthday
reminder.

It is for the above reason that I suggested a visual birthday reminder (e.g.
the paired arrows) around the date of birth, despite

        "That bit is already communicated"

and so if there is concurrence, then maybe the birthday (inside the preference
interval) could be made some different colour. Red?

-- Jim