Re: [Gnumed-devel] Display of right-arrow next to Date of Birth in clien

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Display of right-arrow next to Date of Birth in client
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:30:27 +0000

I would welcome an enhancement but only personally found the chosen
implementation (an arrow before or after the DOB) to be confusing and trusted
others too might be uncertain as to the meaning of the arrows.

I think this is because the date of birth is a raw value (somewhat like a lab
result) but whereas conventions exist for signalling lab results which are
parameters (any one test type being able to have multiple results per patient)
there is no convention for denoting a date of birth as high or low … on top of
which the arrows were not intending to refer to the whole DOB but rather to
just the month and date relative to "now".

That is why any signalling of importance of something *derived* from a date of
birth would best be included in the same parens (   ) as the derived age.

Especially if the above makes sense, we can consider how we want to issue these
signals inside the

Please advise if the topic remains of interest.

-- Jim