gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] request for library function: show files

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] request for library function: show files
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:12:51 +0000

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:04:02AM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:

> Oh, wait, this is done now isn't it, in sorting::getSongDisplay right?

  No, that's not how I'd envisaged that working, that just returns a
 formatted string containing the layout of a single file.

  This is identical to the tagcache.pm code which I pointed to
 previously using either "formatMultipleSongTags", or
 "_formatSingleFile".

  The first will return a hash, the second a string.

  I was understanding your previous requirement to have something like
  this:

        sub getHTMLOutputForFiles( @ )
        {
           # returns something like
           "<tr><td>....</.td></tr>\n" .  # For first file.
        }

  If all you need is the ability to process a format string from a
 file then you should use the global tag cache object directly, it
 does the job already.

Steve
---