gnump3d-devel

Re: [Gnump3d-devel] request for library function: show files

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-devel] request for library function: show files
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 19:38:05 +0000

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:24:58AM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:

> My requirement is something equivalent to what's happening in the bulk
> of serveDirectory.  Given:
>  - a set of files
>  - the user preferences
>  - possibly a format string (or else use the configured song format
>    default)
>
> Given those, produce a list which is a buncha HTML lines you can spit
> out (sorted and all).

  OK this is working now.  For the moment it assumes that the list of
 files you give it are sorted appropriately.

> As I see it, this lets you reduce code all over the place.  Not only
> in serveDirectory, but in search.pm, random.pm, recent.pm, etc etc
> etc.  Right now they each have their own way of rendering files.

  I agree that duplication is bad, but there are different requirements
 for a lot of these usages.

  For example I *love* the way that the search results are highlighted,
 and several people were motivated enough to suggest that this was how
 it should work.  Ditto for the display of the containing directory.

  Sorting isn't an issue for the recent.pm, now.pm, and random.pm files.

  Still I hope that what I've put there is good enough for you to work
 with, I think that it should probably take a hash of modifiers which
 may be used as necessary.  It may also be possible to make it do the
 'ignore ogg' stuff itself, and the sorting.  I'm undecided.

Steve
---
Edinburgh System Administrator : Linux, UNIX, Windows
Looking for an interesting job : http://www.steve.org.uk/