gnuspeech-contact

[gnuspeech-contact] GNUSpeech compile help

From: Jonathan Schreiter
Subject: [gnuspeech-contact] GNUSpeech compile help
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

Ok,
As a reference to everyone else, here's what I've done
so far (but end result is still no successful compile
under GNUStep).  I'm guessing from the error that the
code is not quite ready for GNUStep.  I'm going to
experiment with pearpc in a bit just to see if I can
get that working (I don't have any apple products!)

Also - although I'm subscribe to the majordomo, I do
not receive emails for the group (but I do see my
message yesterday showed up on the savannah site)

Can anyone help?  Sorry the instructions below are so
long!

1) Ensure all prerequestes are met for GNUStep.  I
have Fedora Core 3 with the "everything" feature for
base install with all up to date packages.  The list
can be found here:
<http://wwwmain.gnustep.org/resources/downloads.php?site=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.gnustep.org%2Fpub%2Fgnustep%2F>

2) Download the core libraries here:
<ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/core/gnustep-startup-0.11.0.tar.gz>

3) extract, change to extracted directory, and
execute:
>./InstallGNUStep

4) execute:
>source
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

This will setup your correct paths for linking to
common.make to GNUStep.

5) I downloaded the example package from the page in
step #1 and compiled and ran the examples (such as
calculator or fractal) to make sure your install
worked (mine did)

6) download the cvs files from savannah - i created a
directory and executed:
>cvs -z3
-d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnuspeech co
.

I just downloaded everything as I wasn't sure exactly
what I needed

7) this is where it stopped working for me.  I changed
directory to ~/GNUspeak/current/Applications/Monet
and executed a make.  I recieved the following error
at the end:

Compiling file TRMSynthesizer.m ...
TRMSynthesizer.m: In function `-[TRMSynthesizer
convertSamplesIntoData:]':
TRMSynthesizer.m:365: warning: implicit declaration of
function `rint'
 Compiling file MMOldFormulaNode.m ...
 Linking app Monet ...
./shared_obj/output.o(.text+0x44d): In function
`writeOutputToFile':
: undefined reference to `verbose'
./shared_obj/tube.o(.text+0x43f): In function
`vocalTract':
: undefined reference to `verbose'
./shared_obj/tube.o(.text+0xb9d): In function
`synthesize':
: undefined reference to `verbose'
./shared_obj/tube.o(.text+0xcad): In function
`synthesize':
: undefined reference to `verbose'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Monet.app/./Monet] Error 1
make: *** [Monet.all.app.variables] Error 2

Thanks,
Jonathan