gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Quickstart for the latest Gnuspeech?

From: Advrk Aplmrkt
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] Quickstart for the latest Gnuspeech?
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 20:07:58 +0000

Hello!

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Actually I do have normal sight (other than moderate-severe myopia
which I have to wear glasses for), do a lot of people without normal
sight use Gnuspeech? I'd love to learn how to tweak the voice to be
more intelligible for me.

I'd like to use text-to-speech for several use cases, but at this
moment I am exploring whether I can have the computer narrate a video
my group is making, instead of having to have a real human record it.
In this case I hope the synthesised voice can sound as natural as
possible. So I guess this leads back to the man page. :)

I am especially excited to hear that listening to
Gnuspeech-synthesised voice is less tiring, this would also help with
the narration I hope for it to do!

Thank you for developing a great piece of software. I am not a speech
synthesise academic, nor a programmer, do let everyone know how to
support development! What about something on
https://freedomsponsors.org/?

>>> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuspeech/
>>> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnuspeech