Re: Advertisement for gnustep

From: Daniel Almeida
Subject: Re: Advertisement for gnustep
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:50:56 +0100

I happen to think that's completely wrong ... as I don't know of anyone who doesn't want GNUstep to become a desktop (in the sense of being opposed to it), and even if some people were opposed to it that doesn't mean they would be able to prevent it ... as there are certainly no such people among the core developers. My strong feeling is that most developers ideally want GNUstep to be an entire system!

I don't mind a GNUstep desktop. but I would like that the GNUstep core (foundation and appKit) to remain independent! I You should be able to have the hability to run applications on top of windows or kde or gnome or even os x without the need of this desktop environment. All you need would be the gnustep core.