Re: NSTextField didn't change color on set...Color: while editing.

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: NSTextField didn't change color on set...Color: while editing.
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:52:27 +0700

--
Sent from my GNU/Linux N900

On Thu Dec 22 2011 06:09:30 PM ICT, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
> I sincerely hope my comments are not the primary cause for two
> contributors announcing they are dropping out.

It really is nothing about you. I even started this not you. And dont take this in a bad way, but I didnt even take your opinions seriously as they dont make much sense to me, but that probably is my fault coz I always overlook things as I am a mad horse with rabies. And as it was pointed out, that is not about only one single decision. If a project has to lose momentum by every random comment, it deserved to die.

> Isn't this sort of thing easily correctable in a project with source code
> availability? If you are unhappy with this particular behavior, just
> change it. If you are unhappy with upstream implementation and you don't
> want to maintain your own fork, you can do subclassing, you can do method
> swizzling. You can do a lot without the upstream losing one of the
> coolest things about it: compatibility with a major platform.

Because it should be obvious that I wasnt considered myself a GNUstep libraries user, but a GNUstep dev. I can assure you that everyone here know that fork is a solution, some of them did that for this particular problem, no need to tell about that. Let me take it this way, if you want a Cocoa behavior, why dont you fork or subclassing etc. etc. and let GNUstep do the right thing right? May be someone could start a separated project dedicated for that, ie. cloning all Cocoa things that doesnt make sense.